25 Σεπτεμβρίου 2015

Generation to generation

Good morning everyone!
Today I would like to share with you a page that I made for the Lindy's Stamp Gang September Color Challenge.  I had quite some time to get messy with inks just for the fun of a challenge, so a couple of days ago, I saw the current LSG prompt and thought "wow, these are so vibrant and solid colours - what a task to combine them all together".  I usually am not the kind of person who takes big risks, I like to play safe but this time it was too provoking to ignore it.  Therefore I took some LSG mists, a nice dramatic and bold 7 Dots Studio paper and took the risk to combine all these beautiful colours together.

Before I show you my page, take a look at the colour combo

 

Pretty bold, eh?

So I went for a hugely dramatic page
(I think my next page will be made on a white background lol)
  



Now the LSG mists I used are the following:

Don't eat golden snow


So a few words on how I built my page:
In order to tackle the issue of having too many vibrant colours together in one combination, I took advantage of my 7 Dots Paper, which had them already placed like a rainbow, first the cold hues with the warm following them.  So I followed the same pattern with my embellies, just to achieve chromatic balance (you know how important this is for me) while maintaining the bold and strong character of my page. Some stamping here and there, a few bits'n'pieces and fibres/treads/strings.

Simple, isn't it? I don't know if my attempt to play with so many colours, I am satisfied that I tried it, though.

So I hope you like it!  I will come back soon with a video tutorial for 7 Dots Studio!

Have an awesome day!

11 σχόλια:

  1. Εντάξει, αυτη τη σελιδα απλα την αγαπω!!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Just gorgeous!!!! Love the Stunning background!!!
    Great proyect!
    Xoxo

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. οκ...πρέπει να εμπλουτίσω το λεξιλόγιο μου με καινούριες λέξεις θαυμασμού! η ίσως απλά να μην πω τίποτε γιατί έχω μείνει άφωνη...αριστούργημα Μελένια!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. Πω πω! Εντυπωσιάστηκα! Φοβερό backround!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. Gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us at Lindy's Stamp Gang color challenge!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. Wooooow, soooo dramatic and full of emotions! Thank You for playing with us at Lindy's Stamp Gang!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Thanks for taking the time to leave a warm comment here!